16.2.11

Ode to Los Angeles Part I: Farewell Food

      Los Angeles, give me some of you! Los Angeles come to me the way I came to you, 
      my feet over your streets, you pretty town I loved you so much, you sad flower in 
      the sand, you pretty town! - John Fante,  Ask the Dust




    Don't think I won't miss you, Los Angeles...
    When your beaches look like this in January.
    And your berries are ripe all year long....

    In this great city, so fraught with contradiction...

    there is indeed much to love.


    So before I go, I must tip my hat to some of my favorite things and places. 
    I would like to begin by biding adieu to some of my favorite foods:

    Farewell Randy's and your coconut donuts
    Farewell Palm's Thai and your lunch specials
    Farewell taco trucks
    Farewell Hot Dog on a Stick and Cherry Lemonade
 
    Farewell Cait's Cakes and your custom-made cupcakes
    And Farewell to you, Apple Pan French Fries

    Stay tuned for Ode to Los Angeles Part II: Farewell Architecture...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment